Sunday, March 8, 2009

.... and Waiting

Well, here is the deal. The baby measured almost 9 pounds on Wednesday, so we want him born as soon as possible (before it's IMpossible!), but my midwife said she has to have a medical reason to induce me before 2 weeks. But, she said as soon as a baby measures 10 pounds they are labeled macrosomic and that is a legitimate reason to induce labor. I know we will hit 10 pounds next week. As much as I would like to not be induced, I am SO uncomfortable carrying around this bowling ball on my hips, and also worried that the longer we wait the more difficult the delivery will be. We have an appointment Tuesday, so we'll see where we're at then. At the longest we will have wait until next Sunday (2 weeks early) and induce then.

Meanwhile, Greg and I have been researching and I have been trying anything that anyone has ever said could possibly induce labor. This includes: eating hot peppers, pineapple, spicy food, and Chinese food, drinking raspberry tea, acupressure, massage, different stretches, long walks, housework, and gardening. The last resort is castor oil, which I've head works, but I've also heard it just makes you really uncomfortable intentinally speaking. That, and the fact that we haven't been able to find it in any store yet leaves that option untried.

As soon as the little man gets here, there will be many pictures here to enjoy as Greg is eger to put our new camera to work (a bad economy may be bad for retailers, but Circuit City going out of business is good for us!)

While we're waiting for the baby, enjoy this cute pic of Will. This was taken mid-yogurt cup. I don't know what he loves more- yogurt or getting his picture taken.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I've heard castor oil works as well, but tastes awful! I got a pedicure with Ben and had them massage the back of my ankle, that induced some contractions.
I can't believe your baby is so big already! I hope you go into labor soon! Good luck figuring out what to do!

Chels said...

Talia!! I need your e-mail please! I still can't call you! My e-mail is cjeheart@yahoo.com.
Anyway, I noticed today that Beth's b-day is next Tuesday (St. Patty's Day). I have a Sisters of Light CD for both Beth and Shannon for their special days. I am free Saturday and Sunday (we have HTers for a little after church). Of course, this is assuming that you aren't either having a baby right now or in the next few days. For your sake I hope you are/will!! I will happily do the VTing alone this month if needed. Call me if you are at home twiddling your fingers!! Good luck!

Chels said...

Scratch that! At least it didn't take me too long to figure out I was thinking a month ahead. How's that for being punctual??! Beth's b-day is APRIL 17th!

Tanza Tupola said...

Awh! He's so handsome!!!:) Talia, you, YOU, "mrs, i'm scared of needles," has tried acupunture???

Carly said...

Talia I keep checking your blog to see if you had your baby! I can't believe you haven't had him yet! Hopefully it will be soon! Good luck with the birth, I think it's awesome you are doing it natural:)