Thursday, February 26, 2009

Already Waiting... Still

Just a little update on baby #2. I have been having good contractions since Sunday that get just a tiny bit worse each day. In the morning I don't usually have any at all, but as the day progresses they get stronger and stronger. By the end of the day I wonder "am I really going into labor?" Then I go to bed and start all over the next day. Tuesday when I timed the contractions they were from 3 to 8 minutes apart and I had 9 in an hour. They are still pretty short though. I don't remember to time them, plus our clocks don't have second hands, but I guess they're about 3 to 7 seconds long is all.

Since I was induced with William I don't have much to compare this to. I would say right now I feel like I did with him about 3 hours after my Pitocin was started. Not very helpful. I know things are still so early (I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday), but, without getting into details, let's just say we know things have started. It's just a matter of when they will end! Last week the baby measured 7.1 pounds (the midwife said give or take 1 pound), so he's plenty big. Maybe he's just ready to go! William was 8 lbs 9 oz when he was born at 36 1/2 weeks.

It's such a strange time. The worse I feel, the more excited I get. Greg is excited too. I think anytime I call him during the day he wonders if it's go time. William has been cute. All he can talk about is "a baby." No matter what I ask him- "what do you want for breakfast, what should you wear today? where's daddy?" the answer is "A BABY!"

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

sounds exciting! can you let us know when something happens? We'd love to come see you guys. Let me know if I can help with babysitting.

Heidi H...that's me! said...

That is so cute! :) Hope everything goes well for you!!

Jenny said...

Hurray! I think it's so nice to have rounds of "false labor" so that you don't have as difficult a stretch at the end. The fatigue can be harder to handle than the pain.

Rindlisbach Family said...

Let me know when that little guy gets here