Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our New Place


Things are going well with our new house. We had the inspection on Friday and it went well, so we are on our way. We will be so sad to leave, though. We have loved our ward and neighbors. But we are excited to be closer to our families, and it will be nice for Greg to have a shorter commute. The next few weeks will be full of packing. If you have any spare boxes, feel free to bring them on by!
Here are some pictures from Isaacs birthday a while ago. We went to visit Greg's sister and her family in Wyoming because her little girl and Isaac share a birthday, so I made them a shared cake. William is such a sweet boy; when we go to the house and I went to get the cake out of the trunk (where it had been riding around for 24 hours) some of the lettering was a little smashed. I was kind of distressed over it until William, who had come to help me empty the trunk, patted my leg and said "It's ok, Mommy." And you know, it really was ok.





William and Joseph, hat boys.


Going on an errand with all 3 boys. It's a tight fit, let me tell you!


Isaac "helping" with laundry. You may think it would take days of neglect to get your house like this, but with our boys, it's a matter of minutes!



5 comments:

Serge said...

Congrats again on getting a house! I still save good cardboard boxes... too bad we're not closer I could give you lots. Serge teases me that I am hoarding a big stack of them in the back of our closet, but if you move 7 times in 5 years you develop quite the appreciation for a good box. I like Will's "it's okay" comment, we all need reminders like that.

Chantel said...

Looks like a great house. I'm excited for you.

Chels said...

That's a fine looking home. Do you have enough belongings to fill it up??! ☺
I will miss my VT partner.

Terry said...

Congrats on your new home! I am glad you will be closer.

Will's comment made me think of the time that I was having an absolutely horrific day and Jesse and I were having to walk because our car had broken down, it was February and she was 4 at the time. As we were walking and she was holding my hand she looked at me and said "Isn't it a beautiful day?" You know what - from that moment on it WAS a beautiful day. Brought tears to my eyes!

NEVER forget these wonderful times, they are what make life worthwhile!

Leilani W. said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! What a fun home... and goodness your two boys couldn't look more alike:)