Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

After a very busy few days, we finally have a flower bed, 4 trees, and a vegetable garden in our yard!

William has been a BIG help. His favorite things are digging in the dirt and playing with the hose, or the bucket, or the mud. What can I say, he really likes it all. He just loves being outside. I think both of us are happy to get out of the house and run around.
Greg is also a very exuberant gardener. We put in lettuce, onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, and peppers. In a couple weeks we will add beans, corn, and squash. For now we just have to water and wait. I hate this part! After 2 days of no new sprouts, I become convinced that the seeds will never come up and am ready to give up! (Aren't gardeners supposed to be patient and faith-filled people? Hmm...) But thank goodness the seeds never listen to me and they always come up.
We are all looking forward to fun times this summer playing in the yard, running through the sprinklers, and just being OUTSIDE!








2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hurray for gardens and being outside again in the spring! Will looks so cute helping dig in the dirt.

Tanza Tupola said...

I donno Talia... That doesn't look like too much help to me... It just looks like more work for you... Hahaha, but i guess it's cute;)