Monday, June 1, 2009

The Secret of my Success

So, like I said, I'm a beginner at this coupon thing, but here's how it works. It takes some time and effort, but I think of it as a job since I have the time to put into it. I use a site called www.pinchingyourpennies.com and they list the grocery deals each week. They even rate them as to what is really a good deal and what isn't (don't you hate it when you think something is on sale and you find out you got 10 cents off? Lame!). The idea is to save the coupons from the Sunday paper each week and then match up your coupons with the store deals for extra savings. The website tells you where you can find deals for coupons that have already come out.
Like I said, I've only started, so I don't have my coupons saved up yet, but just going off store deals has already saved me a lot. I had to go to 3 stores, but I got what I would normally buy plus the $78 extra; and they were all foods that we like and eat all the time. But they do say if you're willing to try new brands and varities it's easier to save. The idea seems pretty straight-forward, but I think some parts can get complicated when you get into it. I still have a lot to learn, but I got my first newspaper yesterday, so I'm on my way!

0 comments: