Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back online

Well, we didn't fall off the face of the earth, just busy moving next door and settling in. I feel like I can't function until everything has a place. We're pretty much there though. It's a full house with Greg and I, Will, our cat Lucy, and the cat and dog that live here (Fuddrucker and Koda). Throw in the little boy I watch during the day, and there is never a dull (and rarely a quiet) moment around here. William settled in quickly. I was worried about him since he's never moved before, but he was his normal, easy-going self. He was very excited to discover the room he moved into has glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. He also really likes having a dog around, and Koda is very good with him.
Greg has also been really busy with school starting up again and working full time. The first week or 2 after a break are always an adjustment.
We had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby is measuring for a due date of March 17 (up from March 28), but for some reason my midwife is reluctant to change my due date. Oh well, I'm still planning on an early baby. I started having contractions last week. They are much more frequent and stronger than any Braxton-Hicks I had with Will.
We had a nice Christmas even though we missed my sister Tanza who went off to Tahiti and my parents and brother who went to Montana. That's the nice thing about having 2 families- we were able to spend a lot of time with Greg's parents and sisters.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Are you house-sitting for someone? I hope you're able to feel totally settled before baby #2 makes its appearance! The kids and I are coming down to Utah in February to spend a week with Grandma Millie. I was hoping to see you for a bit while we're there. We can drive to your place - in Ogden, right? It'll be the week of February 22nd....maybe we'll get to see a new baby, too!

Jeannie said...

I'd be happy to watch Will if you need some rest these next few months. Hope all is well!

Tanza Tupola said...

Eh, i said i'm sorry already, geeze...;) jk sis, you know i missed you guys too. I can't wait to see you in the summer! Yay!:)

Jenny said...

I think that ultrasounds in the last trimester aren't as accurate at pinpointing size (and from there due date estimates) as they are in the first part of pregnancy- maybe that's why no change in a "guess date". I had a lot more contractions and braxton hicks with my second pregnancy and delivery as well. They started about a month before and had me scared that I was going to deliver preterm- but we made it to 39 weeks.